Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lots of Randomness. :-)

Good evening.

I didn't really have anything in particular to writeabout today so, I will throw a few random things into this one.

First is the weather.  I know April showers bring May flowers but enough is enough!  The entire day has been filled with tornado warnings, flash flood warnings, severe thunderstorm warnings and road closings.  The ground was already saturated so there is no where for the rain to go.
Our own personal swimming hole.
The 14th was my nephew's 12th birthday.  We had cake for him at our house today.  I decided to make a Hummingbird Cake.  I've never had one before.  It is very sweet and reminds me of banana nut bread but with the addition of pineapples and cream cheese icing.  The recipe I used was about as dense as banana bread too.  Everyone seemed to like it.

Last Monday, my mom gave us her old flower press that she is no longer using.  Abbie, Noah and I decided to try it out on some Violets that were in the yard.  It said that they take 3 weeks but I decided to check them today since they are so small.  Here's the result....




Lastly, an update on the celery science experiment.
Celery that is in the non-polluted water.

Celery in the polluted water.
Stay dry and Happy Homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment