Friday, April 8, 2011

My Homeschooling Must-Haves

Another seemingly popular misconception about homeschooling is that it is expensive.  The fact of the matter is that homeschooling can fit any budget, it just takes creativity.

Every homeschooling family has certain things that they "can't live without" so I wanted to take a moment to share my list with you.  PLEASE, feel free to add your own in the comments.

Pencils
Crayons
Paper
Dry Erase Board and markers
Laminator and laminating sheets
At least one computer that has Internet access
Printer and printer ink
Library card
Books
Scissors
Tape/glue

That's it!  Can you believe it??  I think when many start thinking about homeschooling they want to have it all....the best, the biggest and the baddest when in reality you don't need it all and chances are you don't have room for it all.  It is my belief that it is best to start with the basics and add as you go.  Homeschooling can be very overwhelming when you are first starting out and all of the extra "fluff" can add to your anxiety level.

Also remember, many of the items you keep in your home are learning tools you just need to think out of the box.

Happy Homeschooling.


2 comments:

  1. I just started following your blog and this was the first posting I read. I have been stressing a bit about buying curriculum, but this posting has made me relax thanks!

    ReplyDelete